BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

At a crossroads, how much is to much? Please comment....


So tomorrow, instead of going and getting to spend time with actual, real family, we are going to spend time with HER THAT SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS (it's a term of endearment compared to what i would really like to say!). And I am really unsure of what to do, i mean do i let her know how absolutely stinkin mad i am about this, or do i just pretend that everything is okay and be happy go lucky? I just, i don't know, for some reason, i just cant really seem to let this one go. I am having to give up my already set plans, and we had a whole day set up too. and i was also gonna cook my first thanksgiving in this house and was very excited about that as well. but instead i have to go and spend the ENTIRE day with a bunch of people who think less of me than blowing their nose in a tissue and i am expected to be on point?. i just can't seem to shake that. I really want to just go up there and be not so nice to everyone except her sister Elaina (because she is nice to me), sit outside in my car and read or play on my laptop, something, so that they will know, without a doubt that i am so not happy to be there. But i also know that no matter what or where i am we 4 will be together and that's whats most important, so that i should just accept that and be okay with whatever. I don't know. any advice on this will help me out tremendously, so please comment......

5 comments:

Christie Philyaw, Pastry Chef said...

Stephanie,
Well, I must say first of all...that I commend you for even going. I mean the whole part of changing your plans and what else we discussed in nursery. So, I would say to go and be your nice little self and hang close to Jamey. You know that if you are with him....you are gonna have a good time even if you try not to.(haha) Just let them see the Lord in you and make them all jealous of what you and Jamey have. Hmmm, those two things don't seem to go together, huh? Well, you get the point. But, yes...you are right! The four of ya'll are gonna be together and that's what matters. I know, it's easy for me to say, but it's very true! Oh, and my thoughts about you cooking your first Thanksgiving in your new home. The Lord has another home in mind for ya'll....so, you will have another new home to cook in Next Thanksgiving! And we are praying for you to be able to cook your first Christmas this year in your "new" home! Well, I hope that this helped some. Hey, if you wanna call me tomorrow....feel free! We are going to my aunt's instead of The Smith House. So, I will have plenty of time to kill. My cell is 404-461-8045, I think you already have it. Well, tell everyone I said Happy Thanksgiving and I love them. I love you, too!
Christie

Sew Happy Momma said...

Christie you are such a great friend. ya know i never stopped to think that maybe we weren't supposed to be here for thanksgiving...wow..what a great new perspective i have now!! really, thank you for your kind words and advice! have a great day!

4get2remember said...

Hey lady,

An old wise person once said to me, "Living well is the best revenge." Don't let this woman know she gets under your skin - that's exactly what she wants to see happen. She wants control, and she won a tiny battle in that you will be on her turf for Thanksgiving, so don't let her get any more of your spirit than that. You're better than that and that's why you have the family you have, not her.

That said, if this causes you this much stress and turmoil, put your foot down from here on out. Being polite when you have to cross paths is one thing, but agreeing to spend a day with someone who causes you so much emotional stress that it's affecting your health is reason enough to draw the line. Be a good sport today, and don't ever let this happen again. You owe it to yourself and your family. (not "me" family...your "home" family...lol)

Love you bunches.
H

Sew Happy Momma said...

Thank you heather, i knew that by giving in to my feelings, i was giving in to her, and on our way up there i was really fighting within myself, but by the time we got there i knew what was right and what i should do, so i did little things to let them know, but, it's like ya'll were their with me in my head already, for the most part i was very good and sweet. thanks again for taking time for me and my probs have a great night!

Sew Happy Momma said...

oh and i love ya'll too!!!