BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

It was so nice to have a day off! I really needed it. Although I do hate it that Jamey had to work, that was a bummer. But Brooke and I got to spend the day together and that was nice. We did a lot of running around, but both benefited from all the sales! We went to JCPENNY'S (got shoes and at a great price!), then off to JOAnn's where we purchased some awesome yarn and new knitting needles for Brooke and a crochet needle for me. We also found some really cute mini canvases and paint sets. Then we left there and went to my new absolute favorite store of all time....World Market. Oh man, the stuff that they have in there is so awesome. Everything you could ever want in a home decor store, so cool! After a few other stops, we came home and got started on our paintings, i think we did pretty good.... what do you think?

Here are the beginnings..



Brooke displaying her canvas for you..



Progression...



Me, hard at work...



Brooke's finished project!!!


And mine.....My kitchen "theme" is red and black so I thought that maybe these would help bring it together a little bit more.


And Finally, hanging on my Kitchen wall...

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a fun day! You should have looked for some flannel at Joanns- did ya? WM is low on selection right now. Of course, I need to make a trip to Joann's anyway.... hmmm? :)

4get2remember said...

Wow! Great work!!

I miss painting...I think I still have a canvas or two somewhere in the house...I need to check and bust out my brushes!