BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ignorance is Bliss!!??

Man it has been so long dear computer, I just have the urge to write, about what tho?? Hmm how about a update on the past month that I have been without many things. I had always heard the phrase "Ignorance is Bliss" and thought that I understood it, but never did I until now. I always thought that people who lived without t.v, phone and internet were just crazy and lunatics, until we recently had to get rid of these very things for money sake. Well I can honestly say that my family has never been closer or more "together" than we are right now. I will confess that for the first week, of course there were so many good things on the t.v that I wanted to see, but after a few more days of just getting other things done, and reading and studying the word of God as a family and playing games and all, I just kinda forgot all about it. Another thing that I just kinda forgot was the news, and I think that I am glad about this, sure there are the weather reports that I miss or the school closings and things but what I really dont miss is hearing about all the murders, chaos and crime that has completely riddled our world. Now I am not saying that I just think that because I am not hearing it every night at 4, 6, and 8 that it isn't happening, but it is just nicer all around in this household without all that added junk. We were for a little while getting "public" wifi on my internet and that was great and a way to find out things happening in the world, but then the blasted thing decided to die and we were without that for a entire month!!! Now I am not complaing, it was in the very capable hands of my loving father who was doing his very bestest to bring this baby back to life and he was able to succeed!!! But for that entire month where we were without any way to communicate to the outside world, besides our cell phones, life was nice. No interruptions, no bad news, no nothing but us together as a family. Within these next few weeks we are planning on turning the cable and all back on, but I must say that I am sad for that day to come, I honestly am, I just know that when that day comes I will once again lose my family to that dreaded box on top of the fireplace! I will weep when that day comes.

0 comments: